The asparagus stuffed chicken is currently one of my favorite easy to make meals.
Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s very easy to make and does not inquire many ingredients plus its look is amazing!
Why I love Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
First, because it is easy to make and is very healthy, it is perfect for people who want to maintain their good health while still enjoying some delicious food. Also, it is a great way to encourage kids to eat asparagus.
We have all been there. At some point, we did not like it, and I’m still not sure why I didn’t, but now I’m happy I tried it, and it tastes fantastic.
How to Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast?
To make this amazing meal, we start first by butterflying our chicken breasts.
I know I was also impressed by this word when I first heard it. In other words, slice the chicken breast horizontally until it opens like a book.
The stuffing is made of cheese, and basically, you can choose any cheese you want, but I prefer mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
After that, we add stalks of asparagus. At first, we are going to cook it on the skillet and then take it to the oven.
For more flavor, you can wrap the chicken breasts with bacon.
What to Serve With Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
What we love about chicken meals is that you have a variety of options for the side dishes that you can choose from.
It could be any basic salad, just the classic rice, and my favorite is garlicky parmesan sweet potatoes. Ah, such a delight!
How to Store Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
I know sometimes we just cook more than we usually eat because sometimes we are just so hungry or we just want to store it for a meal for the following days.
You can simply store the leftover in airtight containers and keep them in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days maximum.
When you take it out, reheat it in 350F preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
You can also reheat it using a microwave but I do not recommend that as the texture of the chicken will becomes unpleasantly rubbery.
- To make the perfect cut of the chicken breast place it on the cutting board, place one hand on top of it, and cut horizontally.
- To make sure that the chicken breast won’t open while cooking, it uses toothpicks to secure them.
- To make sure that the chicken is going to be well-cooked insert a knife in the thickest part and cut three-quarters of the way through the middle.
Now we are going to discover all the ingredients and steps that you need to do to make this delicious healthy meal.
The Tools You Need:
This Delicious Asparagus Stuffed Chicken With Cheese Is Perfect Meal For A Weeknight Dinner. It Is An Incredibly Easy Dish And Is Very Healthy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, (you can use more cheese slices if you want)
- 12 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, divided
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, for serving, optional
First, start by preheating the oven to 400F.
Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium fire.
In a small bowl mix garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Rub olive oil on the chicken breasts and season them with the seasoning mixture.
Stuff the chicken breasts with cheese and asparagus and secure them with toothpicks.
Cook the chicken breasts on the skillet for 4 minutes for each side until golden on both sides.
Take the skillet and place in the oven and let the chicken cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
Now take out the chicken from the oven, remove the toothpicks, let the chicken sit for 5 minutes, and enjoy your meal!