cauliflower rice is a wonderful grain-free rice alternative and a sneaky little way of getting some extra veggies into your diet.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
To get started to make sure you wash a medium-sized cauliflower, then cut it in half and use your knife to cut out the individual florets. You don’t need to be very particular as we’re going to throw the florets into a food processor.
But if you do have any large pieces, make sure you cut those smaller.
Insert the grater adapter into your food processor and start feeding the cauliflower florets through the top.
You’ll have raw cauliflower rice in no time, and depending on the size of your food processor you may have to empty it halfway through.
Once that’s done, dice one half of an onion. That adds some body and flavour to the finished dish.
Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a saucepan and sauté the onion until it’s translucent.
Then add the cauliflower rice and saute for another five to seven minutes or so, making sure to give it a good stir.
Season the cauliflower rice with salt and pepper and then dish it up.
5-TASTY CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPES
- Fried rice with cauliflower: the favourite rice of your Asian restaurant, cooked well.
- Asian cauliflower and gingerbread rice: A bowl full of delicious flavours with creamy avocado, spicy prawns and stuffed with cauliflower rice.
- Cauliflower, parsley and garlic rice: Follow the recipe below and fry 3-4 chopped garlic cloves after sautéing the onions. Cook the cauliflower rice for 5-7 minutes and add the freshly chopped parsley before serving.
- Cauliflower rice with coriander and lime: Follow the recipe below and fry 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped after onion production. Cook the cauliflower rice for 5 to 7 minutes and add a handful of freshly chopped cilantro. Add a few 1-2 limes to the rice.
- Mexican cauliflower rice: Follow the recipe below and fry 2 chopped garlic cloves after searing the onions. Cook the cauliflower rice for 5 minutes, then 2 tomatoes (finely chopped), 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 jalapeno (pitted and finely chopped), 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 juice add lime and fresh coriander finely chopped. Mix for a few minutes, then serve.
This cauliflower rice recipe is simple, easy and healthy. It's grain-free, paleo. It's the perfect light side dish, and you can make so many tasty cauliflower rice recipes!
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Slice the cauliflower head and remove all florets with a knife. Cut some of the large bouquets into smaller pieces to fit into the chute of your food processor.
Insert the grater adapter into your food processor and feed the cauliflower flowers from above. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to empty it in half.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the chopped onion for a few minutes until translucent.
Put the cauliflower rice in the pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.