Most of us love sweet dishes. Sometimes our cravings are against our commitment to live a good life and eat healthily.
Eating healthy doesn’t mean not enjoying sweet foods. That’s why Pina Colada smoothie may be the solution for sweet food lovers. It’s, in fact, unusual to have a healthy smoothie in the morning before work or before going to the gym.
Most people eat common foods in the morning, which makes breakfast boring sometimes.
Pina Colada Smoothie, a delicious and healthy smoothie made with fruits and yogurt. The ideal breakfast or snack to refresh your body and mind.
In fact, if you are looking for a cool, tropical and fruity beverage, you might want to try Pina Colada smoothie, because it’s not only delicious but also healthy. As the summer approaching, most of us lean towards cool food.
It’s difficult to eat when the weather is hot, especially in the morning. Pina Colada is the perfect breakfast in the summer. It will give a burst of energy to do your daily work, tasks or workout.
The important thing is that the Pina Colada smoothie is full of natural sugar, which is better than artificial sugar.
How To Make Pina Colada Smoothie:
Pina Colada requires having Almond milk to get a creamy smoothie. You will also need fresh or frozen pineapple chunks, a medium to a giant banana.
For the sweeteners, you need unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut extract, and a sweetener of your choice. Shredded coconut or rum is also an excellent addition to the pina colada smoothie, but it’s not important.
Making Pina Colada Smoothie is very simple. Begin by combining almond milk, a medium-large banana, pineapple, coconut extract, and your optional sweetener in the blender. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth or reaches the consistency you prefer.
You can freeze the leftover of pineapple-banana smoothie for up to two months. Make sure to cover the glass tightly with plastic wrap, or you can store the smoothie in a jar with a lid. By doing that, the freezer smell won’t seep into the stored smoothie.
Tips for the Best Pina Colada Smoothie.
● The unsweetened vanilla almond milk is the best to prepare Pina Colada Smoothie. It has 30 calories per 8 ounces, which is very insignificant.
● If you like the coconut flavor, you can increase the amount by using coconut milk or a splash of coconut cream.
● In case you don’t like coconut flavor, you can omit it. However, you won’t have a Pina Colada if you don’t use coconut flavor. The coconut flavor won’t be intense if you use the amount provided in the recipe.
● For a thicker smoothie, we suggest freezing the fruits before and adding less almond milk than what is mentioned in the recipe. If you want an extra thick smoothie, make almond milk cubes and add them to the smoothie.
A healthy, gluten-free and delicious smoothie made with natural healthy ingredients. The best smoothie to start your morning the right way.
- 1 medium to large ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ teaspoon of coconut extract
- ½ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup of shredded coconut
( optional )
Malibu Coconut Rum or splash rum
( optional )
Maraschino cherries for garnish
( optional )
Sweetener to taste
( optional )
In a blender, combine banana, pineapple, almond milk, coconut extract, and optional sweetener, and blend the everything until smooth and creamy.
Add the rum, to taste, and blend ( Rum is optional )
Garnish and serve immediately. The leftovers could be frozen for 2 months maximum.
As you see, PIna Colada smoothie is very easy to make. The benefits are wonderful and the taste is delicious. Try this tasty smoothie in the morning for breakfast, you won’t regret it. You will see a lot of difference. You will start your morning with fresh mind and body, ready to do your work in the most convenient state of mind.